Cut your templates out first. Then choose your embossing folder. Make sure you place the paper in the folder so that the image is pushed OUT on the outside of the box. (The dotted lines will be on the inside of the box.)
You can see on this image below that the impressions are pushed outward. These are the parts that we'll color!
Pick out your color scheme. I used R29, BG15, Y17, & YR07. Use the chisel side of your marker. It will flow right over the impression for easy coloring. If you mess up just use a white marker to color over. PS. I got this cool technique from Mel!
Next, use a 3/4" punch to snip out the sides on the panels closest to the tab. Then using your score-pal score the dotted lines. To score the curved lines I used my bone folder on top of my healing mat. Make sure to score so that the dotted lines are on the inside!!
Then use 1/8" score tape and stick to the tab - on the outside (on top of what you just colored). Then fold down the panel and stick box together.
Fill your pillow box with goodies!! Fold in the punched out panel first and the other on top of that.
I tied ribbons around the boxes and did a 1" circle punch for a tag on top of the ribbon. All done!!
- www.TiffanysGarden.com my crafty personal blog where you'll find my watercolor painting, bible journaling, Distress Ink stuff and organizing my craft stash!
- www.TiffanyDoodles.com where you can find all of my drawings that you can color yourself!
- @Tiffer73 Instagram - ALL of my art and craftiness!!
- Distress Ink for Watercolor Facebook Group If you like to use your Distress Ink in a more traditional style of watercolor, then come join our group!
- My Watercolor Painting Facebook Page
- My Sewing and Crocheting Facebook Page