Tiffany's Garden Homepage Sewing Tutorials Tiffany's Garden Copics Templates Contact Tiffany
Blog Biz Cards Studio Organization Tiffany's Beading & Jewelry Gardening Watercolor Painting by Tiffany Emma and Francie Shih-Tzu

Monday, July 20, 2009

My Shark Teeth Collection!

I have found some of the tiniest shark's teeth in the world! Most of you may not know I have not always been a country girl. In fact, I've spent most of my adult life on the beaches of Florida. Collecting shark's teeth was one of my most favorite things to do! I had a much larger collection (about 2 freezer bags full), but they were unfortunately stolen from me. This is all I have left, but I'm happy to have them! I put some quarters on the sheet to show some scale. Some of the shark teeth are very tiny as you will see.




There are several species in my collection, from sand sharks, lemon sharks, tiger sharks, reef sharks, mako's, and many more! Some not so old (lighter colored) and some prehistoric! That is so cool to me!







I have a few special finds as well. This is a piece of shark vertebrae.


These are whale teeth.



This is a cow shark tooth. Kinda rare.



This looks like some kind of canine tooth, but I'm not really sure. I found it in two pieces. I found the second piece about 2 foot away from the first. That was pretty lucky!



And this was extremely rare and special to find! It's some kind of prehistoric molar tooth. I showed all four sides.


I miss adding to my collection, but David and I plan on settling down there one day and I plan on adding 100's more!

1 comments:

Mimi Vaquer said...

totally cool. Loved this post! I always look for shark's teeth when I'm at the beach, but I think my patience is thin because I give up too fast. I love reading your blog by the way. You make me proud to be your cousin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
TiffanyRichards.com ShabbyPrincess.com