Tiffany's Garden Homepage Sewing Tutorials Tiffany's Garden Copics Templates Contact Tiffany
Blog Biz Cards Studio Organization Tiffany's Beading & Jewelry Gardening Watercolor Painting by Tiffany Emma and Francie Shih-Tzu

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Cow Ant in my Garden!

It's been so hot lately that I haven't been in the garden as much (except in the evenings to water). But the other day I wondered out there while walking the girls and I saw a big cow ant! We see cow ants all the time around here, but maybe some of you don't so I thought I'd share this photo. This one is about the size of a large paper clip. Don't ever let one of these bite you. It can be very painful, or so I have heard. They are hard to kill too. You can just about beat it to death without it even flinching. You can even cut it in half and both ends will keep crawling. The back end will give out first though. If you leave them alone though, they will just keep passing through on their merry way, just doing their cow ant thing. Ps. I don't usually kill them, unless they charge at me! =)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...thats one huge ant...I have seen horse ants in sweden and they are pretty big too so I have a pretty good idea of the cow ant. Luckily I live in england and so we only have the reglar sized ants and I like to leave these alone as much as possible too.. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
TiffanyRichards.com ShabbyPrincess.com