I've recently joined this Facebook group called Documented Faith and it's all about Bible Journaling! I'm just starting out and this is my first page! I've always enjoyed painting and doodling so this should be fun! This week's verse is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
8. Next I started on my background, I wet a whole section around a flower at a time and used my Koi watercolor travel kit colors in Purple, and Ultramarine Blue. I did a wet into wet blend in small sections to get the blended look. Let that dry.
9. Next I wet inside the verse box and used Cerulean Blue and painted inside along the edge.
10. Next I took a #1 liner paintbrush and used a dark gray (Paynes Gray) to outline all of the flower edges. I washed it around the edges so it wasn't a hard line.
11. After that dried good I took my fine waterproof Faber-Castell pen and went around all the flower edges to make the shadow more dramatic.
12. Then I took my super fine pen and did some stippling (the tiny dots) to dramatize the shadows. I also drew more super fine details on the flower petals and a few wispys and curlys too. Those were fun!
13. I took a small dragonfly stamp and a small butterfly stamp and stamped them a couple of times in the background area to fill in a little space. I added a smidge of metallic watercolor paint to the wings!
14. I added a page stamp to the bottom corner and filled in the date and weather! I like to draw a weather icon to illustrate what they day was like!!