When I saw this recipe I just had to try it! I LOVE recipes that put together items that you would NEVER have thought of... those are almost always the recipes I can't wait to try!! Like this one! I made it over this past weekend when my sister, Laura, and her boyfriend, JK came to visit. Everyone LOVED it so I thought I would share it with all of you!! =)
- 1 lb straweberries, sliced
- 2 tablesspoons plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup mint leaves, loosely packed, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, 1/2" slices
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2. In a food processor, combine olive oil, mint leaves, almonds, Parmesan and garlic.
3. Layer mozzarella on plate. Spoon strawberries, mint pesto and balsamic vinegar over top. Garnish with mint leaves.
I added this recipe to my account over at AllRecipes.com. If you have an account there, you can add it to your recipe box and even print it out on index card layout!