Tiffany's Garden Homepage Sewing Tutorials Tiffany's Garden Copics Templates Contact Tiffany
Blog Biz Cards Studio Organization Tiffany's Beading & Jewelry Gardening Watercolor Painting by Tiffany Emma and Francie Shih-Tzu

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Family Memory Game for Kids!


I can remember playing the game "Memory" when I was a kid and I loved it!  So I wanted to make a customized game for the new baby in our family, Owen.


I bought a pack of chipboard, it came in 10 sheets.  I cut 2.5" squares.




I ended up with 60 squares (30 pairs).  I went to my computer and picked out photos of all family members,  I choose closeup head shots.  I also added in a few of my own nature photographs of some animals.  I printed out 2 of each photo at 2.5" inches each onto white cardstock.  I also printed 60 card backs.  I designed those in Photoshop and did Owen's name.  I cut them all out and used matte decoupage on the back of each photo and glued to the chipboard.  I made sure all edges were glued down really good.  Then I painted a coat on top of the photo.  After that dried I did the same with the back of the chipboard and glued on all the card backs (Owen).  Then after that dried I did a second coat on each one!

1 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is such a brilliant idea! I bet Owen loves it! I have a little cousin named Owen (named after one of our favourite great uncles.) It's such a sweet name. LOVE the details & that you used chipboard for this. TOO clever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
TiffanyRichards.com ShabbyPrincess.com